Monday, October 26, 2015

Morning Paintings #211-220

Time for another batch of my Morning Paintings. I am still enjoying them very much!

#211 - Abstract Nonsense

#212 - Forever

#213 - Strength

#214 - Warm Dashes

#215 - Flower

#216 - Bouquet (done on the ferry)

#217 - Beach Pavillion Schiermonnikoog

#218 - Lighthouse Schiermonnikoog

#219 - Landscape Schiermonnikoog

#220 - One, Two, Three Flowers

Paintings no. 217, 218 and 219 I made on my weekend getaway to Schiermonnikoog. I so rarely paint realistic things. This is one thing I have learned from my morning painting practice, that I way more enjoy making stuff up or just doing patterns and such than painting from life.

No. 215 and 220 were the start of a whole series of flower paintings in a similar style as you will see when I post my next set of morning paintings.That is also a cool part of doing this, sometimes a series or a theme will emerge and you can just go with it or get back to it when you feel like it.


Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!