Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Collages

In 2017 as part of my morning art practice (which I have at least momentarily stopped for now) I filled up a sketchbook with nothing but collages. It's still one of my favorite projects of that year. I enjoyed it enough to buy a colourful scrapbook from Paperchase and start a new collage book.

Of course this book will be filled at a much slower speed than the morning art one, since I don't do collage all that often in general. But when I do I enjoy it very much. Here are the first six collages I did in that book over the past four or five months.







Working on such brightly coloured paper really gives the collages a bit of extra ....um....colour! :-)
The book measures about 20x20 cm (8x8 inches). It will probably take me forever to fill it, but I am not sorry I bought it. Just looking at these brings me a lot of satisfaction.

Hope you are doing joyful things wherever you are and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.