Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tiny Mandalas

Near the couch in my living room I keep a very small pocket sized sketchbook that I don't take out very often, but that I do love having around just in case. It is completely dedicated to mandalas. Tiny mandalas. Because...well...there's just no way you can draw huge mandalas in a tiny sketchbook.

Here are some I did recently:




Just like a lot of my grid drawings I do these while listening to podcasts. There's something so satisfying about combining my doodles with podcasts. It's also very relaxing.

All of the mandalas are drawn with a fineliner/micron pen and coloured in with regular felt tip pens. At the rate I'm drawing these it's going to take years to fill this tiny sketchbook, but it is a gem to look at already, so it's worth it. I enjoy having themed sketchbooks very much even though that means I have stacks of them unfinished. It also means there's always something to work on.

Hope you are enjoying some creative endeavours wherever you are and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Ik vind het een goed idee om een 'stand by' schetsboekje voorhanden te hebben en dat het aan één enkel thema gewijd is maakt het toch gemakkelijker om aan de slag te gaan , je hoeft je dan niet af te vragen wat je zou willen tekenen en ze zien er mooi uit .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb ladingen schetsboeken en -boekjes voorhanden op verschillende plekken en met verschillende doelen. Er is altijd wel wat aan te vullen. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I am thinking I need to have some themed journals myself. I have so many different areas going at once, and often no place to "park" things I find or want to draw. And boy do I need the sense of order, even if, as you say, it means there are notebooks that unfinished for ages. I think I don't mind that part. And I also really need something to do with my hands when I'm listening to music or podcasts.
    The next time you post an update on your tiny mandalas, will you show one shot of your hand holding the notebook, for scale? Blessings and many thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sketchbook measures about 9x14 centimeters, thats 3.5 x 5.5 inches. The mandalas are about 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Supermooi zijn ze weer geworden. Ook al duurt het jaren voordat het boekje vol is maakt niet uit, dan heb ik nog veel moois voor de boeg. :)) Fijne dag, groetjes Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, zo kun je het natuurlijk ook bekijken. Dank je wel.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...