Thursday, February 9, 2017

Schiermonnikoog - part two of four

In January I went on vacation to the smallest inhabited Dutch Wadden Island, Schiermonnikoog. 

I had a wonderful time. Even more so because there was a lot of winter to be had and I love me some winter!

As always I took a lot of pictures and this four part series is a photographic impression of a beautiful island that is almost as close to my heart as my own. 

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but if you have any questions about them or the island itself, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Hope you enjoy!
























6 comments:

  1. I love the pics you take. I get to see, your part of the world, that I wouldn't see if you did not take them for us. Just Beautiful
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy our little part of the world Barb. :-)

      Delete
  2. Incredible shots! Ya know, I was just thinking as I looked at your pictures ... I wonder how many things we each miss in our own lives by not taking the time so slow down and actually look for them. Sad to say, I'm willing to bet that it's quite a few.

    May we all decide to slow down once in awhile to actually look and see the beauty that is right there around us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you said that, because I think that is exactly WHY I take all these pictures and keep journals and such. It's like telling myself over and over again: "Look at that, and that, and that, isn't that lovely?" Even my blog makes the good things in my life (which of course include art making) visible to myself.
      I like sharing these things and how people respond to them, but ultimately I'm afraid it's a very selfish endeavour, haha. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ha, je wilt niet weten hoe vaak het woord 'prachtig' in mijn travel journal pagina's voorkomt. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...