Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pattern Variations

I am still very much in love with working with grids. I often draw them myself, but the easiest way to do it is to just use a book with a preprinted grid on it. One of the books I use for this is a Moleskine XL squared notebook. I mostly use it to try out pattern variations as I call them.

Here are some pages from this book:



If you want to drive yourself insane, try something like this! ;-)




Even though I like the full pages, I think I still prefer the ones with several patterns in the same colour combination.

By working in this book I feel like I'm collecting my own personal pattern library and it amazes me how even after filling quite a lot of pages in it I am nowhere near done with playing with grids. I think it may be an addiction I will never get rid off.

Hope you are addicted to something wonderful in your part of the world and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day!

4 comments:

  1. oh my! that one you said could drive a person insane is glorious!! I love your pattern library. As a musician, I love variations on a theme and I feel like these are just the visual side of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about rythm and repetition and order, that's for sure (well, that and colour, always the colour). I keep thinking to myself that drawing patterns like this is the perfect art form for a control freak like myself. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wat een verscheidenheid ,ik denk dat je inderdaad een onuitputtelijke bron van inspiratie hebt gevonden , wat een 'leuke' verslaving , echt benieuwd wat er nog allemaal in jouw persoonlijke bibliotheek gaat verschijnen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ook! De volgende zijn alweer in de maak. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...