Thursday, January 12, 2017

The last walk of 2016 (and a blog break)

My last walk of 2016 was done on December 30. I'm afraid of fireworks, so the last day of the year I mostly stayed inside. I did however decide to make that last walk count and I took the bus to the west side of the island and went on a long hike in the widest landscape you can imagine. And of course I took pictures. And of course I'm sharing these pictures here for you enjoyment.

















While walking there I was overcome with the sheer joy of having the privilege to live on this amazing island. There is just so much beauty right on my doorstep that it sometimes overwhelms me. I hope these pictures transfer a bit of that feeling of the endless space that surrounds us here and how wonderful it can be to stare forever into the horizon.

Now even though I live on a beautiful island, it is not the only island the Dutch Wadden Sea has to offer and it has become a bit of a personal tradition for me to visit one of the neighbouring islands in the midst of winter. This year I will revisit the smallest island, Schiermonnikoog, for a week and that week starts tomorrow. In other words: I'm going on a little vacation! Yay!
Because of this I will be having a blog break again. I know I just had one during the holidays, but rest assured that when I come back I will have plenty of beautiful pictures to show you, so there's something to look forward to for us all. :-)

Until then I wish you a wonderful and artsy time!

10 comments:

  1. Caatje - once again I thank you for sharing your journeys, hikes and adventures. These photographs truly lift my heart. I pray your year this year is comfortably full of joy, balance and pleasure. Looking forward to hearing about your trip once you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words Judith. :-)

      Delete
  2. Magnifieke foto's die inderdaad weergeven wat je bedoelde . Geniet volop van je weekje ,wij zien dat hier dan wel weer verschijnen wat je daar hebt uitgespookt .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ik denk dat ik uit ga spoken wat ik elke vakantie uitspook: wandelen, fotograferen en lezen. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Have a fun time and I can't wait to see the pics ... you're an awesome photographer! Thank you again for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I enjoy you pictures. Enjoy your vacation.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een weidsheid! Jouw foto's overtuigen me wel om de Waddeneilanden te bezoeken.... Heel mooi.
    En staat er echt geen huisje of bewoond en menselijk dingetje in je rug als je de foto's neemt?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soms wel, vaak niet, en zeer zelden vlakbij. Hangt er een beetje vanaf waar ik fotografeer. De laatste foto is vlak bij het Posthuys (een hotel/restaurant), dat is de enige waar de bewoonde wereld echt dichtbij is. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...