Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pattern variations

A while ago I bought a small (A5) Fabriano paper pad with dotted grid paper in it. I had this idea that using the dots as a guide would make it a good way to draw patterns without having to measure them out. I was right.

So now I sometimes sit on the couch with this pad and a few felt tip pens and just draw away. Here's a sample of a bunch of drawings I did with the same colours in different pattern variations.







It's a bit like playing connect the dots, but then with patterns according to your own ideas. I had a lot of fun doing these. I also can't help thinking that these different line works would make really cool embroidery patterns. I can just imagine a journal cover with one of these embroidered onto it. Yep, I need new ideas like I need a hole in the head, but who knows what will come of this one? The creative mind never stops, does it?

Hope your mind is full of new ideas too, or old ones that keep nagging you to be executed. It's all good! Wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.


8 comments:

  1. I love all your patterns, but these are especially great. If you could get in contact with a scrapbook paper manufacturer, I am sure you could sell your patterns to them. Small, all over patterns are so nice to work with in a scrapbook...either as the whole page, or even cut into borders. You could be rich!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, although it takes a bit more than a drawing to make a 'real' repeat pattern. The drawing is just the beginning (and no doubt the most important part). One of my goals this year is to learn to digitize these drawings and turn them into real repeats that can be used as such. I've done a lot of research on it already, but now need to put it into practice. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love all of our patterns. I like the color choices you made. I have yet to attempt them but, I have it on my "to do" list.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geweldig idee en het blijkt inderdaad goed te werken want de resultaten zijn schitterend en leuk dat je de meetlat dan is links kunt laten liggen en lekker relax kunt werken . Top !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Ik vind het opzetten van patroontjes met een lineaal helemaal niet erg hoor, maar er gaat wel veel tijd in zitten, dus dit is een leuk alternatief. :-)

      Delete
  4. Nieuwe ideeën? Ja heel veel. Altijd. En zeker ook nu weer na het lezen van jouw blogje....
    Maar nu dat doosje met tijd nog 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, waar stónd dat ding ook alweer? ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...