Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pattern variations

A while ago I bought a small (A5) Fabriano paper pad with dotted grid paper in it. I had this idea that using the dots as a guide would make it a good way to draw patterns without having to measure them out. I was right.

So now I sometimes sit on the couch with this pad and a few felt tip pens and just draw away. Here's a sample of a bunch of drawings I did with the same colours in different pattern variations.







It's a bit like playing connect the dots, but then with patterns according to your own ideas. I had a lot of fun doing these. I also can't help thinking that these different line works would make really cool embroidery patterns. I can just imagine a journal cover with one of these embroidered onto it. Yep, I need new ideas like I need a hole in the head, but who knows what will come of this one? The creative mind never stops, does it?

Hope your mind is full of new ideas too, or old ones that keep nagging you to be executed. It's all good! Wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.