Monday, March 21, 2016

The last of the Morning Paintings

About two months ago I did my very last Morning Painting. For almost exactly a year I painted every morning right after getting up en before breakfast, mostly in gouache. After that year I now have seven sketchbooks and 330 paintings. Why not 365? Because of life. I did not paint during my vacations, I did not paint when I had the flu and once or twice I skipped because of practical reasons. I'm not a painting machine thank you very much!

Anyway, here are the last ten paintings for your viewing pleasure, no. 321 to 330:

#321 - Flowers

#322 - Grids in  Squares

#323 - Connect the Dots

#324 - Plaid

#325 - Plaid

#326 - Plaid

#327 - Crossed Diamonds

#328 - Flowers

#329 - Star Pattern

#330 - The End

After that last painting (right before my Texel vacation in January) it was really strange to wake up the next day and not go to the studio to paint. Hmmm...maybe I had become a bit of a painting machine after all? ;-)

I will do a separate post in which I will look back on the whole experience of painting every morning and what it did for me. It will take some time to put it all in words. It was a wonderful experience I can tell you that much!

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.