Friday, March 18, 2016

From the Picture Book

My Picture Book is a very simple scrapbook in which I simply put any image that speaks to me. I also refer to it as my Printerest (you know like 'printed Pinterest').

I usually collect images for weeks and then sit down for a few hours and paste a new bunch in, often decorating with one of my many many many washi tapes. It's fun to do and it's fun to look at.

Here are some of my latest pages in this book:





The book combines a lot of imagery and art by other people and I try to source them as best as I can. They are for inspiration only. Mixed in among them however are also some of my own photographs. Often (not always) if an image isn't sourced it is one of my own. If you're curious about some of the images you can click on the image and probably read my handwriting where I put down the names of the artists.

When it comes to this book I'm not really concerned very much with copyright. This is not art, this is not anything really but me collecting pretty pictures. I think this is the most basic form of scrapbooking there is.

Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you are being inspired wherever you are. Have a good weekend all!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Caatje! I love your pages! you find the greatest pictures with a lot of color, character, interest and fun! thank you for taking the time for all your postings!!
    Linda Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda. Doing this blog helps to keep me motivated.

      Delete
  2. Het is mooi om te zien waar je oog op valt en leuk om te doen ook en nog leuker om daarna door je verzameling beelden te kunnen "wandelen", tof gedaan . Een fijn week end !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja het is wel grappig, zelfs een verzameling beelden van grotendeels andere mensen wordt samengevoegd toch weer iets persoonlijks en unieks. Daar word ik blij van.

      Delete
  3. Hi Caatje - I love all your different pictures and quotes too. It must be so fun to sit down and look at all the picture books you created!! I think II'll start doing something like that too. Thank you for sharing this and for the idea too. Hope you're having a great weekend too :-}
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen, I feel collections of imagery are almost as personal as art making itself.

      Delete
  4. Haven't visited for a while so catching up - LOVING these pages. Your wonderful sense of colour shines through

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...