Tuesday, December 17, 2013

From the White Book

Oh boy, the White Book! What can I say? Of all the journals in my life I think this one has been the most  problematic to fill. It doesn't show in the pages much, but believe me when I say that this book is the first one where I sometimes skip more than ten days between entries. This is not a bad thing in general, but it is an unusual thing for me. My journaling has become so inconsistent lately and I don't like it.

I can't really pinpoint what it is, but just the fact alone that this book has been worked in for over a year already tells me it's trouble. ;-) Don't worry, I still love journaling and I still love this book to bits and I love working in it too, but I just can't seem to keep my almost daily habit going much lately.

I suppose it's one of those ebb and flow things we all go through from time to time, but I would feel better about it if I got back to the flow if you know what I mean. Oh well, I'll just have to ride it out. At least I am still journaling, it's not like I have abandoned the book completely!

Here are my latest pages:









I don't know if you can tell, but the first three spreads are quicky spreads that were done fast just to be able to do some writing on the page. I know I could just write on an empty white page, but I like visual elements on my pages even if it's just a few.

The next two were 'normal' everyday spreads that took about half an hour to make and I usually do those on work nights when I don't have much time, but still want to fill a spread with a layout.

The last two are more elaborate and time consuming. They involve more cutting of shapes and details and stuff.  These took about and hour and a half each. This is what gets done when I really sit down to work in my art journal and have plenty of time.

The last spread is also the one I showed you in my latest step by step post. For those who wondered how I would write on this one: now you know!  I just write across things. Nothing's sacred, haha. I actually often think my pages are a lot prettier without the writing over them, but after all my real journaling is in the writing, so I can't skip that part just because it looks better. Anyway, the less pretty does add more character I think.

Hope you enjoyed this peek in my journal and wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!

10 comments:

  1. Actually, I think that the writing is the icing on the cake - I like the pages WITH - especially your neat and lovely handwriting - so nice to see that last page especially after seeing it come into being from just blank pages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so hard for me to even accomplish any type of book like your white one. It is full of your thoughts and reflections and it is and will be in the future very dear to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's already dear to me. It's just also a pain in the butt sometimes. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I wonder if part of it is the sheer size of it. You do an awful lot of writing, so maybe it takes longer to fill a page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have more pages than most of the journals I've done so far, but the size is smaller than my altered atlasses, so to fill a pages or a spread does not really take longer than those did. And an awful lot of writing comes easy to me actually, haha. It's more the decorative part I try to avoid lately.

      Delete
  4. I really like how your decorative elements divide your pages into sections, and yet it doesn't interrupt your very neat writing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't journal in books w/ big, white pages... I've tried. I abandon them every time lol. Something about the blank page makes my mind go blank.
    I love those bird stickers on the yellow page. I buy that sticker pack over & over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can write on white pages quite well, but I prefer the pages to have a visual element too. Those bird stickers are indeed very cool. I have stickers with gnomes and flowers from the same brand and keep buying those too. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...