Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What are you up to Wednesday - part 25

This Wednesday I'm exhausted! I have pictures of my work table and the sewing room, but they have not been touched for days. Well, I was in the studio working on the third part of the art journaling tutorial on Monday night, but that was about the only hour I've had  since last Thursday and I was so tired then I actually almost fell asleep over the table. ;-) Anyway, this is how I left the table on Monday:


I am filling the spreads of the Easy Peasy Journal with different forms of writing. I so want to do a good tutorial on journal writing and I just don't have the time or energy this week. Both last weekend and coming weekend are filled with family visits on the main land and this Friday (the day to post the tutorial) I will be on the main land too for a doctor's appointment. This means I'll be away from home and studio for three days in a row and living where I live these are long days and long trips (think 5 hours long to get somewhere and 5 hours back the next day, if I'm lucky, last weekend it took me 7!). So I'm simply running out of time this week for the tutorial.

I'm not one who handles things well when I have so little time to myself, especially when I get too little sleep like has been the case the past two weeks. I think there's a hermit in me who just can't stand being around people so much without having some time to breathe or just rest. I get cranky and whiny. It's not the people (they are wonderful), it's me!

So I've decided to cut myself a little slack and instead of spending the coming two nights working like crazy to get this tutorial done before Friday, I will just give myself a little more time to finish it. This means the third part of the art journaling tutorial will be delayed for at least a few days. I hope you understand.

Now here's the other project that's kind of on hold right now. The butterfly book of questions. Here's how I left the sewing room last Wednesday (!).


I'm working on the pages by sewing a zigzag border around them. I already finished two signatures and was working on the third when the bobbin ran out of thread. So I had to fill it up again first before I could continue, and it was really late already so I decided to go to bed instead. ;-) Since then I haven't been back to it yet, which goes to show how little time I've had, haha.

Here's a close up of the page lying on top of the sewing table, so you can see what the edges of the pages will look like.


I like the effect and it's so simple to do. I swear a whole new world opened up for me when I learned you can sew paper with a sewing machine!Who knew? (Well, everybody, except you, Caatje!)

In the meantime I'm still cutting out butterflies (see the first picture) and putting them in a bowl. They will be added to the pages too. Can't wait to see how it will look when it's done. But that won't be this week, that's for sure.

For now I'm going to kick back and put my feet up and just do nothing for a while. Go to bed early for a change and catch up on sleep. I won't be blogging again until next week, so this is an early wish for a happy and creative week and weekend for all of you!