Thursday, December 2, 2010

New perspective

I am currently reading Lix Lamoreux book 'Inner excavation' which is a pretty cool book about exploring the self through photography, poetry and mixed media. It is full of interesting exercises and even though I haven't really done any of them yet they do make me itch to try some elements from them already.

One of these was trying to use a new perspective when using my camera. The following three photo's were made on a beautiful and cold winter's morning last sunday. The idea is to put your camera on the ground and shoot. Because I was on the beach I just held my camera and rested my hand on the ground (don't want no sand in my new camera, thank you very much). I like how this changes the photographs you take.




The last one was not done from the ground, but from my normal perspective, but I kind of liked it, so I'm just adding it as a bonus-good-for-nothing-but-being-pretty photograph ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Caatje your photos are beautiful... I just love the effect... I don't think I have ever tried taking photos with the camera at ground level but I am going to have to try it out now... they are so engaging...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very nice effect!!!
    makes me wanna grab my camera...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dank zij jouw blog heb ik het boek besteld bij Bookdepository. Ben erg benieuwd! Dank je wel voor de tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M'n hart gaat open - de Waddenzee. Die laatste foto zou een goed onderwerp zijn voor een schilderij.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...