Thursday, August 6, 2020

From the Collage Book

I have a very colorful scrapbook in which I do collage from time to time. Not often, but I do like working in it a lot. It's a spiral book that I bought years ago at Paperchase.


When I was recovering from surgery last year, for weeks on end I couldn't really focus on anything, but when I finally felt ready to go into the studio again, collage was one of the first things I tried to do. It's such a relaxing way to do art, just a lot of mixing an matching. I don't plan out anything, I just  let them happen.

So here are some collages from what I call my 'Colorful Collage Book'.











Recently I looked back at these collages and it occurred to me how they (and my many collage cards) always seem to have this theme of living the good life and looking for beauty and calm. These are indeed things I think about a lot and aspire to.

It by no means means that I am a very calm en together person. Like my patterns teach me patience, these collages sort of teach me about peace of mind. It's probably something I will have to work on for the rest of my life. :-)

Hope you are doing something that brings you joy and focus and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.