Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Around here lately

Just some random pictures I took over the past months, because that is my life too:

Stretch!

Spooky envying the sketchbook on my lap while he has to sit at the table. He was not amused.

Patterns and supplies all over my studio table.

Sunrise on the way to work.

Spooky feeling very content. Often he does get his way. :-)

The journal, always the journal.

Beach walk on a beautiful day.

This is a print of Escher's Metamorphosis II, a very long painting, which I think would make incredible washi tape. 

Nothing is as comfortable to sleep on as your humans sketchbook. 

Another journal al filled up!

To keep our beaches and coast line from washing away, sand replenishment is a regular necessity. 

Participated in Dewey's Readathon in October

My reading nest by candlelight. 

Low tide at the North Sea.

A book and a cat. A perfect pair to have on your lap. 

Forever fascinated by silhouettes.

Another sunrise on the way to work. 

Visited the craft supply fair Kreadoe again with sister and cousin. This was my loot of the day. 

A table full of joy!

The overseer at work. 

Beach pole on a quiet afternoon.

Fall is showing up everywhere.

Foggy Forest

A sweet surprise from an online friend.

Currently I'm fascinated by drawing tiles.

Walking along the Wadden Sea at low tide.

All over the island fresh new carpets are being formed on the ground.

Pictures like these keep me grateful for and aware of the good things in my life. It's important to keep your eyes open for the good stuff, otherwise the not so good, the annoying, the stressfull  and even just the mundane could overwhelm you and make you lose perspective. I try not to let that happen, which isn't always easy and certainly does not always work, but it is definitely worth the effort.

Hope you are focusing on the positive things in life a little more than the negative and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.