Thursday, July 6, 2017

The last of the Morning Collages

Before my June vacation I finished my previous morning art project, which consisted of filling a 32 page sketchbook with (mixed media) collages. It was a bit of a challenge to myself to do something different for a while and it was very enjoyable.

Here are the last five collages I did:



Spring Ritual


Happy Moments

I loved trying out my style in a more elaborate way than just in mail art and it was fun to play with different types of backgrounds and media for further decoration. What I love about collage is how it brings all sorts of elements together that originally have no business being together. The mixing and matching is very satisfying.

In my case I also had to give myself over to the process and take it one step at a time. I don't plan out these things, so every collage had a stage where I thought it was just going to go wrong, but somehow it never did.

Of course I don't like all of them equally, but I'm still pretty content with the overall result.

What's more: the book as a whole is a thing of beauty to leaf through, which makes me very happy.


Doing this project convinced me that this is the way I want to do my morning art for a while. Pick a subject or theme or material en then fill a small skethbook with just that one thing. That way I can have a very specific practice and the book itself becomes extra interesting to me.

I have already moved on to the next project which I will tell you about in a future post. For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!