Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pattern Variations

Pattern Variations. I can't stop doing them in my extra large moleskine squared book. The grid is just too inviting to not play with. All it takes is a colour combination that speaks to me made up of a couple of felt tip pens and I'm ready to go.







After doing a bunch of pages with four colours I have started experimenting with five. It is a bit of challenge, because it means things are divided and counted differently.

Drawing patterns takes a lot of focus. I think that is why I like it, it literally focuses the mind on one thing.This doesn't mean I don't make mistakes (bwahahaa), but mostly I can integrate the mistakes into the pattern, changing it slightly so nobody notices. I can tell you that at least half of these patterns turned out differently than I originally intended because of that. :-)

Hope you are doing something interesting in you neck of the woods and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.