Thursday, July 16, 2015

150 Morning Paintings

Every time I reach another milestone in my Morning Painting practice I get a little more confident and a little more proud of this routine I started last January. And for me a milestone is about every fifty paintings. I don't why that is, that just feels right.

So here are paintings number 141 to 150!

#141 - Flowers on Ochre and Orange

#142 - Circles in Squares

#143 - Abstract Nonsense

#144 - Flowers on Red

#145 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#146 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#147 - A Bit More Nonsense

#148 - Plaid

#149 - Flowers

#150 - 150 Paintings

With painting #150 I did my first mandala and I have done a few more since. I love drawing with the black paint and then later rewetting some parts of the painting to fill in sections with grey. I also love  mixing different colours together for the backgrounds. It gives a lovely grungy effect.

Hope you are still enjoying watching these paintings on a regular basis, because I don't think I'm going to be able to stop anytime soon. ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.