Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sketchbook Challenge April

Before I start this post I just want to give you all a really big hug and say thank you so much for all your wonderful responses to my last  post. You confirm what I already knew: you blogsy people are the coolest people! ;-) I'll keep you posted from time to time on how things are progressing, but today we will go back to the artsy stuff, okay? 

As you may know I'm participating in the Sketchbook Challenge to...well...challenge myself a little from time to time. It's a challenge where a theme is chosen every month to play with in your sketchbook.

As you may also know I'm usually way behind on this challenge. I know, it's only one theme a month and I still manage to fall behind. It's a rare talent I have indeed!

Anyway, the theme for April was 'spirals' and I managed to do four pages in my Studio Book with that (in May, but let's not be picky shall we?).

Here they are:



Most of these were done with a brush pen and watercolour paint. The second and third also have some elements in Pitt Big Brush Marker in them. I like the last two pages the best.

You won't be surprised to know I still have to start with the May challenge which is 'bowls' and doesn't appeal to me all that much, but the one for June does, because it's 'garden doodles' and I do love to draw imaginary flowers.

I'll let you know as soon as there's any progress on either of these themes!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy Wednesday!