Monday, September 24, 2012

Work in progress

I've been putting in many hours in my studio last week (and outside of it too), working on different projects and fascinated by different things. When you spread your time over different projects you don't get to finish it all at once, but it sure makes life interesting. So here's some things that I've been working on.

I've been working in the journal of course. Always the journal, no matter what.

I've been making backgrounds for a series of atc's. This will become a step by step for you all.

I've been welcoming autumn with my camera.

I have plans for making a coloring book zine, these are my first tries for pages for it.

I've started a large size drawing after a magazine picture. This will be colored in with gouache.

I've been working on a giveaway journal! Yay! Come back on Wednesday for the full reveal!

And I spend hours being fascinated by the shape of branches against the sky. These would make interesting drawings.


I won't have much time this week to work on any project. I'm part of a book club and I have to finish this book first before anything else. I love reading, but sometimes it's like a chore when the timing's just wrong and you have to finish a book within a certain amount of time.  And since I have a vacation coming up next week I want to finish it before then.

In any case when the above projects are finished I'll be sure to show them to you in all their glory (or failure, whichever will apply by the time they're done). Let's hope I will still have some time to play left the coming days. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!