Friday, August 24, 2012

Step by step journal spread

Time for another step by step journal spread. You all seemed to like the first one I did, so I promised you more. Well, let's go!

It started out as a very blue page. Acrylic craft paint applied with baby wipes.

Eiffel tower plastic tape on the top and bottom of the spread.

I picked two focal images from my stash of magazine images. Don't ask me why I picked these. There's no reason.

I got a white paint marker and added my signature dots around the entire spread. It's always dots or dashes with me.

A black Sakura glaze pen was then used to outline all the little dots. These pens are great for outlining things.

Obviously more tape was needed. A paper tape this time.

And no spread is complete without words. These came from magazines as well.

I wanted to keep it calm in black and white and blue, but I just couldn't. I. Just. Couldn't. Red and white paper tape were added.

More red accents were added around the words and the images with markers and more outlines with the glaze pen.

And finally stickers of all kinds were added. From scrapbook stickers to stuff from a toy store. Done!

And here are some close ups of the finished spread:






See how easy this stuff is? Really it's all just mixing and matching and not worrying about things like themes and colors or what it's all about. Anything goes together if you have a little courage, really it does. ;-)

Hope you enjoyed this little journal peek and of course I'll show you the pages again when they have been written on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!