Monday, March 12, 2012

More from the In Between Book

I finished filling the In Between Book in the past weekend! Today I'll show you another set of spreads and probably next Monday you will see the last set of the spreads and how the book now looks standing up and filled to the brim. I can already tell you it's about four times as thick as it was when I started!











I hope you enjoy looking at these spreads as much as I enjoyed making them. It's always hard to figure out if what I do is interesting to others, not only because it's so personal, but also because there's so much writing involved and I know most art journals are not like that. I still consider my journals not so much art journals as decorated journals, or just diaries really.

However, some tim ago I got acquainted with the journals by Rebecca Horwood and they are full of writing and yet so fascinating that I figured all that writing might not be a problem after all. In fact I have found I get most remarks about the writing, which is interesting to me as I am myself always fascinated by journals without much writing in them. I guess writing is as interesting to non-writers as non-writing is to me. We are always attracted to our opposites a little. I'm always a little jealous of people who can do visual journals, that are visual only if you know what I mean. Mine will always be a combination of visual aspects and many many words.

Meantime I have now started working in the Moon Journal, the second altered atlas, and it's all new and strange again to work in such a big book after two smaller sized ones. I love this variation though. I hope to show you the first pages of that one soon too. I'll keep you posted.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!