Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Collage Cards

I like to send (and receive) mail art, and I like collage. So it's only natural that from time to time I make a series of collage cards to send as snail mail. 

Collage is such a liberating form of art making. It's just mixing and matching elements until I have a composition that is appealing to me. I never plan my collages, I just start somewhere and then see what I will do next. They kind of come together despite myself, haha.

Here are eight collage cards that I recently finished.










Since they just come together organically I never really think about the meaning of my collages as I make them. But they always seem to end up being about beauty and living the good life. I guess that's simply what appeals to me naturally. 

Hope you are doing something that feels easy and liberating in your creative endeavours and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.