Saturday, April 13, 2019

Abstract experiment

I am trying to expand my horizon and try new things. I have been interested in abstract drawing and am fascinated by people who can do it well. Especially if those people are on the more minimalistic side.

I am neither good at abstract freestyle drawing nor at minimalism (I'm a maximalist through and through!), but I did try a bit of abstract drawing recently.

I had no idea what I was doing, I was just winging it. Here's the result of that drawing:


I used different media. The back is in watercolour and the drawing itself is mostly coloured pencil. There's no rhyme or reason to this, but it does remind me of some weird kind of treasure map.

I think it becomes more interesting in the details:





Is this any good? I doubt it.
Did I have a lot of fun doing it? You bet!

Since this one I have tried some other drawings and I will show those to you in time after I have a few more. The point is that I am venturing into something new that is all insecure and strange to me. The not knowing what I am doing is somehow thrilling.

I have no idea what this means or where it will take me, but for now I am just enjoying the ride.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.