Saturday, February 9, 2019

Texel in five walks - Second walk

My second walk on Texel took me further north along the west side of the island right onto De Koog, which is the town I was staying in. So this day was kind of a walk home.

The weather was again lovely, probably the most beautiful day of the entire vacation, which I think shows in the photographs. A bit more frost made the first half of the walk extra pretty, but there was also more sun than any of the other days.

Here's an impression of walk number two:

(Semi) wild horses and highland cattle make sure the dunes don't get overgrown with bushes and such.







Here you can really see how frosty it was.





I brought my lunch with me every day and this was my lunch spot during this walk.









The whole west side of the island is a national park and I think it shows. The endlessness of the landscape and the beautiful dunes and forests make it a true pleasure to walk in, and the beach is always near on that side too.

It was convenient to be able to walk straight back to my apartment, which is also where my next walk would begin. But that's for next post. Until then I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.