Monday, February 25, 2019

Morning Art

Morning art is pretty much an everyday part of my life now. I've been doing it for over three years and I feel it has become as 'normal' to me as journaling. Just a thing I do. There's little discipline involved anymore except for the part where I have to get up extra early to be able to do it. I am not a morning person!
The drawing/arting itself doesn't really take much, I enjoy it and things I enjoy I am glad to do. It's nice to have some routines in place. They are an anchor in the turmoil that is sometimes daily life, not to mention the turmoil that usually goes on in my mind, haha.

My current morning art 'project' is an A5 sized grid notebook that I got for cheap on Aliexpress. I use it to draw patterns (what else?) in felttip pens and it is very very slow going. I work on it for half an hour every morning, so a spread can take anything from three days to more than a week.

Here are four spreads that are finished.


This is one of my personal favorites of all time!



I try to use the same colour combinations in two spreads in a row and I try to let the pages be a variation of each other. I like how it looks. I also like how patient I am with these. It really is a work of love and meditation.

I hope you are doing something you can summon up endless patience for and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.