Friday, February 2, 2018

So I'm back from my vacation and you know what that means!

Hello my blogsy people!

How the time flies. One moment you are still looking forward to a two week vacation at the end of January. Then you blink your eyes and the first month of the year is already over. I think it's true that time goes faster and faster the older you get. But that doesn't mean you cannot have a good time while it's flying. ;-)

These are the ferries that take you to Schiermonnikoog.

My two week vacation to the island of Schiermonnikoog is over, but I have a wonderful trip to look back on. And you know what that means: a slideshow! The coming posts will be nothing but pictures from my vacation, so if you're not into that kind of stuff, be warned and come back in about two weeks when I'll try to get back to the artsy stuff. Promise.

The apartment was very comfortable.

Two weeks was a wonderful amount of time to be away on vacation. I usually keep my trips limited to about a week, mostly because of Spooky. I have a lovely cat sitter, but I still feel bad when I leave him alone for a long time. Everything went fine by the way, so no worries. I'm sure she spoils him more rotten than I do.


It was also a good idea to go to a place I was very familiar with. Even though I went out and about a lot I didn't need to discover new places and get to know everything. I love doing that sometimes, but every now and then it's nice to just get away and not have to do anything at all or go anywhere new. Basically this was about relaxing and just taking time off.


The island (as all local islands, just like mine) is absolutely beautiful of course, so there's still plenty to see and enjoy. The weather wasn't all that great most of the time. We are having a ridiculously wet fall and winter season. Everything is just soaked. So there was a lot of rain, and fog too, but there were enough dry spells and even a couple of sunny days in between. And what better excuse than rain for putting your feet up and reading to your heart's content?


The apartment I stayed in was very nice and comfortable as you can see from the pictures in this post. It had everything I wanted and more than I needed (bubble bath, massage shower) and was located very conveniently between the beach and the local town.


So for the coming five posts you will get an impression of my two week stay on Schiermonnikoog. I hope you will enjoy the tour.

I just have to include this pic of the shadow this lamp cast on the wall and ceiling.

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy weekend. Make it a good one!