Friday, February 23, 2018

Grid drawings

As you know, nothing pleases me more than grids. I like the order they give my patterns and the peace they give my mind. They take many hours to finish and for some reason I still have the patience to keep doing them.

Here are some drawings I did in  my Moleskine XL Squared notebook:




These were all drawn with a black drawing pen. I always find dashed lines more satisfying than continued ones, I'm not sure why. They were coloured in with Stabilo 68 felt tip pens, my favorite felttip pens on smooth paper like the Moleskine has.

I swear I could do grid drawings all day long. Whenever I finish one I immediately want to start another. They are seriously addictive, but I guess as addictions go, this is one of the more harmless kinds. ;-

Hope you are all doing something that brings you harmless joy and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!