Monday, July 24, 2017

Morning Portraits

My current morning art project of filling a small sketchbook with portraits is going very slow. Life has been a bit unbalanced lately and I just don't seem to get around to my morning art as much as I would like to. As I stated in my previous post about morning art, getting enough sleep is a priority right now and that just means that sometimes I skip my daily art practice.

Still...here are five more portraits I finished:






I am really enjoying using multicoloured pencils for these and in these five I especially like the effect of the fourth one. In fact I am enjoying them so much in fact that I may do the entire rest of the sketchbook with them, which was not my intention when I started at all.

As before my models are mail order catalogue girls. They are not a great likeness by the way, but that is not why I do them anyway, I'm just trying to enjoy drawing women's faces and use photographs for reference of hair and positions of the head and expressions of the face. I see many flaws in all of them, but as a collection of portraits I rather like them.

Hope you are doing something artsy you find pleasing and  I wish you all a wonderful day.






8 comments:

  1. I enjoy your portraits. I think the colored pencils look great too. Your idea to do an entire sketchbook sounds good to me. All the great faces in one book.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something very satisfying about having a consistently themed sketchbook. It makes it into an interesting object to look through. Maybe it's just my need for order, haha.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is that you are an AMAZING artist, Carin. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Debi, you make me blush. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wauw Carin, wat mooi. Ik geniet van je tekeningen. Fijne dag verder.
    Groetjes Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Laura, jij ook een fijne dag gewenst. :-)

      Delete
  4. As a collection of portraits I rather like them too!! So this is what you do when you aren't "doing a lot" eh? Be of good heart! It's a wonderful practice - and hoping your life becomes more balanced soon, in good ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this all comes down to this productivity thing we talked about in a previous post. It's a sickness, haha. Thank you for your kind words. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...