Thursday, April 27, 2017

The South Limburg Slideshow - part three of five

From the 7th to the 14th of April I went on vacation to the South of Limburg, which is the most southern province of The Netherlands. I mostly stayed in the area around a town called Valkenburg. 

As always I walked and explored a lot and as always I took a lot of pictures, be it only with my phone this time, since I did not bring my camera. 

This five part slideshow is an impression of my vacation. I may give a little comment here and there, but mostly I want the pictures to speak for themselves. If you have any questions though, don't hesitate to ask. 

 I hope you will enjoy traveling with me!

One of the walks I made was a meandering walk through foresty hills between Valkenburg and Berg en Terblijt.









This is a house built into the rock in Berg. There were several of them. Very small and no longer in use as far as I know.


This was part of a watermill in Berg.

I loved the look of this hotel, but was also wondering if I would enjoy climbing up there all the time. :-)



You could walk from Berg to Valkenburg right along the river Geul.

So beautiful.


On April 11 I celebrated my birthday. My sisters had given me a card I was not allowed to open until the day itself.

I celebrated my birthday in the city of Maastricht.



Vagevuur means purgatory! Purgatory is a street in Maastricht!



It was a nice change of pace to stroll around a city after a couple of challenging hilly walks. It gave my feet a bit of a rest.

I will be back with more pics in two days. Until then I wish you a wonderful and artsy time!