Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Morning Paintings #291-300

The latest (and probably the last, haha) milestone in my morning painting practice was reaching the 300th painting about a month ago. If somebody were to tell me at the beginning of 2015 that I would paint more than 300 paintings that year I would never have believed them. But now I have the proof to...um...proof it! ;-)

Here are Morning Paintings no. 291 to 300:

#291 - Rainbow Lines

#292 - Dots

#293 - Stripes

#294 - Scallops

#295 - Scallops

#296 - Dots and Dashes

#297 - Dots & Dots & Dots

#298 - Squares

#299 - Stripes

#300 - 300

It seems that in the last weeks of my painting practice I am more and more inclined to draw patterns, be it stripes, dots or shapes. It's often an experiment in colours too. A lot of these patterns I wouldn't mind seeing on wrapping paper or decorative paper. Who knows? One day...

Hope you enjoyed this latest group of paintings and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!

7 comments:

  1. You make simple lines an other markings just jump off of the page. What brand of markers do you use? I have tried many and I am not crazy about any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. 291 and 292 were done in regular watercolour paints and the rest of these were done with gouache (opaque watercolour paint), not markers. In the last one I only used a black drawing pen (Sakura) to draw the dashed lines.
      But my favorite markers are the Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and their regular brush pens. They are filled with India Ink and therefore lightfast and waterproof and don't bleed through your paper.

      Delete
    2. Using watercolor and gouache paints is a real skill. Everything looks so precise and all the color blends and looks exact. I will have to try the Faber Castell brush pens because I know I won't be able to lay down color as precise as you have been doing.
      When I look at them they are very calming. Great work.

      Delete
  2. Bedankt dat we 300 keer hebben mogen meegenieten , ik zie nu al uit wat er gaat komen ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgen doe ik de laatste, no. 330! Het einde van een tijdperk, haha.

      Delete
  3. Gefeliciteerd met het bereiken van deze mijlpaal! Ik ben benieuwd wat je nu gaat doen in plaats van je morning paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Ik heb nog drie posts te doen over de ochtendschilderingen en daarna zal ik het allemaal uitleggen, haha.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...