Sunday, January 3, 2016

Morning Paintings #281-290

Another batch of Morning Paintings for your viewing pleasure (I hope).

I am about to finish the seventh sketchbook (after 330 paintings) and that will also be the end of my Morning Painting practice! But no fear, I have another practice lined up that will start in February (after my upcoming vacation, yay!). I'll tell you all about it when I'm finished showing you all the Morning Paintings on the blog, so be patient, my blogsy people. ;-)

Here are paintings no. 281 to 290.

#281 - Discs

#282 - Try New Things

#283 - Pick Flowers

#284 - Web

#285 - Grid with Dots

#286 - Grid with Dots

#287 - Grid with Dots

#288 - Pink Flowers

#289 - Triangles with lots of Dots

#290 - Dotted Grid

There was a lot of experimentation going on in this set of paintings. I tried out different things with dots and grids, and I did some paintings on a collaged background. I especially like the flowers on top of scrapbooking and wrapping papers.

One thing is certain: I will not stop doing these small gouache paintings. I am enjoying them way too much to give them up. So I am already on the lookout for a new sketchbook to do more gouache in for when the Morning Painting practice is really really over. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!