Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A whole week of winter

If you've been following this blog for a while you know that I am a great lover of winter. You may also know I live in a place where winters are mild. On my island even more so than on the main land of The Netherlands. It's the influence of the sea. In summer that's a blessing, because I don't like hot weather and summer is usually cooler on the island than elsewhere, but in winter I am sometimes cranky if a whole year goes by without even a little frost. That's what happened the past few years and I felt cheated.

But this year halfway February we actually had some actual winter. A whole week of it! 

I know, it's nothing compared to those of you who have winter all winter long (I am so envious of you all), but for me it may have to last me for another three years.

Anyway, it being cold and having actual snow and all made me want to take pictures of ...well... everything. So here are some postcards from our winter week on the island. Enjoy!
























I actually took afternoons off work so I could go on long winter walks. It was fabulous. 

Of course after that one week the thaw set in and since then we have been mostly moving towards spring. I would have liked it to last a little longer, but in this place I take what I can get.

Hope you are enjoying the weather whatever it is and wherever you are and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day!