Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Five related patterns on the iPad

I like to work in small series on the iPad. Usually four that form a set, but today I bring you five with the same color palette and digital brushes. 

All have the same texture layer with a splatter pattern over them. That's one of the fun things about working digitally, you can add texture and play with different layers over each other to create different effects. 






I will often put together a color palette based on one of my own photographs. That's another fun thing you can do in Procreate, just pull the colors directly from images you like. 

The picture I used for this palette was this one:

I like the idea that there is a link between my art and my walks this way, even though it isn't directly obvious. Now there is just a tiny spec of my island in my drawings, no matter how abstract.

Hope you enjoy playing with color in some way too and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.