Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Decorating the journal

During my at home vacation I had a lot of time with the journal and I used some of it to just make  pretty winter layouts for writing on.

Here's a sample of what I did:










I especially love the wintery cat pictures that came from a collage sheet that I got at Kreadoe (the arts and crafts supplies fair I go to every year). The rest of the imagery is a mixture of wrapping paper, washi tape, calendar images, photographs and magazine clippings. I love to mix and match things.

All of these spreads have now been written on and don't look half as pristine and pretty anymore, but that's not what a journal is for in my opinion anyway. The writing makes it come to life. I'm sure in time some of these spreads will be shown in full when I do one of my journal posts.

I do wish I always had the time to do pretty layouts before writing, but since I write so much I can never keep up with my writing when it comes to decorating. I spent many hours doing these spreads, but only a fraction of that time to fill them up with writing. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. ;-)

I hope you are enjoying decorating something you love from time to time and wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.