Wednesday, December 3, 2014

From the Doodle Book

I have a big square sketchbook that is just dedicated to doodling. It measures 10x10 inches (25x25 cm) which makes the pages nice and big to just play on.

Here are two of my latest doodle pages:


The left page is drawn with a drawing pen (I think it was a micron) and coloured in loosely with stabilo felt tip pens. The right page is drawn with one of the stabilo's and coloured in with coloured pencils. The paper of this book (a Hahnemühle drawing book) is better suited for pencil than marker, but I keep experimenting with it. 

Here are some close ups of both pages:









These doodles remind me of drawings I did ages ago (2011) that I called constellations. You can see some of them here. They basically connect round elements with lines into shapes. Does that even make sense? Anyway they reminded me of how stars form constellations. Just follow the link and you'll see what I mean.  I just like how sometimes an old idea can return in a completely new form.

Hope you are all experimenting and playing and making the most of it. Have a good artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Why should your design make any sense ? it makes sense to you and that is all that is necessary it comes from your heart .
    Annie v.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean my design, I meant the way I explained what it reminded me of. Doodling never makes sense, haha.

      Delete
  2. You do great doodles and coming up with new designs, of you own, is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doodling is such great therapy, don't you think? I love the name "constellations" for this form of doodling. By the way, Caatje, I want to invite you to stop by my blog again sometime: I've been away from it for at least a month, but am starting to post again, and I always appreciate your visits! :-) I didn't want you to think that I was gone forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doodling is great, even if it takes a lot of patience sometimes (well, the way I do it anyway). I haven't been online much lately, but I'll be sure to come by your blog soon. Haven't forgotten you. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...