Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sky on fire!

About a week ago I was quietly reading a book on my couch when the light in the room started to change from everyday colors to reds and oranges. It was like somebody put on some mood lights or something and the entire atmosphere changed. It was kinda weird actually, in a good way. Since I have no mood lights and live alone the light could only come from outside. So I went and took a look out of my front door and this is what I saw:


It was absolutely breathtaking and the photo doesn't even do it justice. The sky was on fire! It was the result of the sunset reflecting on the clouds of course, but I've never quite seen effect like this. It was special enough to coax other people out of their houses too and shoot pictures of it. 

Somewhere along the week I was playing in my heart journal and just felt like I had to put that scene on paper by painting it. So I took out the above photograph and my watercolor paints and started brushing on reds and oranges and yellows. (Reds and oranges and yellows, oh my ;-) )


Nature does it better than me of course, but I think I captured the atmosphere I was going for just the same.
Sometimes everyday life suprises you with something so special. I just love that!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous....both the photo and your watercolor painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that just proves that God is one heck of an artist! :) Love your painting AND the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how nature is a constant source of inspiration, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Dutch sky. It does mean rain, I think. Avondrood etc. Great composed picture with the streetlights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great interpretation! so animated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job capturing the feeling. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And you did a wonderful job capturing the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured the light well, and what a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scene was well captured both on the photograph as well as the drawing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- that's very cool! Great photo, and you captured the essence very well in your watercolor painting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo is stunning, and you did a fine job of capturing the atmosphere of it! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a stunning view. You really captured the color in your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Increasable capture kind of spooky in a its the end of the world as we know it kind of way, I really like how the image inspired you to create such a wonderful work of art. Both images are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...